Envision AESC will build a battery factory in Spain with an annual capacity of 30 GWh

Envision AESCthe battery maker once owned by Nissan, plans to build a battery factory in Navalmoral de la Matain the province of Cáceres, Spain, with a production capacity of 30 GWh per year when operating at full capacity. Installation will be completed in 2025 and will be supplied with renewable energy so that it will operate without CO emissionstwo.

According to its own statements at the new Spanish factory, the company will produce higher quality, cheaper and lower carbon battery cells. Your destination will be the world’s leading car manufacturers. Envision AESC maintains long-term strategic alliances with numerous international automobile manufacturers such as Renault, Nissan, Daimler and Honda.

AESC was the company created by Nissan and NEC for the supply of batteries to the electric cars of the Japanese manufacturer. In 2018 Nissan, which had a 51% stake, and NEC (and its subsidiary NEC Energy), which owned the remaining 49%, agreed to sell it to the Chinese Envision Group.

It currently has plants in Zama, Kanagawa, Japan, Smyrna, Tennessee in the US and Sunderland in the UK, along with a further plant under construction in Wuxi, China. In June 2021, Envision AESC cooperated with Renault and announced the construction of the first green and digital energy battery factory in Douai. France. In February 2022, construction began on the largest battery factory in Japan, located in the town of Ibaraki. Finally, in March, Envision AESC and Mercedes-Benz reached a strategic cooperation agreement with the announcement of a new factory in Kentucky, USA.

Like the factory in Spain, all these facilities are based on the company’s carbon-free system solution. All the electrical energy needed has a 100 percent renewable origin, which means that the plants operate without CO emissionstwo.

manufactures batteries aesc envision spain navalmoral de la mata-interior
The destination of the batteries manufactured in Spain will be the main car manufacturers in the world. Envision AESC maintains long-term strategic alliances with many international car manufacturers such as Renault, Nissan, Daimler and Honda.

At the same time, Envision AESC aims to create a battery ecosystem in Spain, promoting innovation and the development of smart chargers, recycling and other technologies related to the complete life cycle of batteries. The project will be supported by the Spanish government as part of the “Strategic Projects for Economic Recovery and Transformation” (PERTE-VEC).

Envision AESC is the seventh largest producer of lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles (it was second behind Panasonic). Between January and April 2021, AESC reached a production capacity of 1.3 GWhwhat it means a market share of 2% (by comparison, CALB has about a 2.7% share).

With the planning and construction of the new factory, in 2026, Envision will have 11 zero-carbon production bases into the atmosphere, located in China, Japan, the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Spain, with a total production capacity of 300GWh.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button